Dahi Bhaley Recipeadmin
Dahi bary is good dish to have but it’s demand increases manifold in Ramadan as from years it’s been a main Iftar item. If you want to enjoy the real flavor of dahi bary then undergo this splendid recipe.
For the Bhallas
Black gram(dhuli urad dal) 1 cup
Water 3 cups
Salt 1/2 tsp
Cumin (zeera) seeds 1 tsp
Ginger (adrak), chopped 2 tsp
Green chillies(chopped) 1 tsp
Vegetable oil 1 1/4) cups
For the Yoghurt Mixture
Yoghurt (dahi), thick, whisked 2 cups
Sugar 1 tsp
Salt 1/2 tsp
Cumin seeds, roasted, pounded 1 tsp
Black salt (kala namak) 1/2 tsp
White pepper powder 1/2 tsp
For the Garnishing
Ginger(julienned) 1 tsp
Green chillies(julienned) 1 tsp
Green coriander(chopped) 1 tbsp
Red chilli powder a pinch
Cumin seeds, roasted, a pinch
Mint (pudina) leaves 4 sprigs
Tamarind chutney 3 tbsp
1) For the bhallas, clean the black gram and soak in water for 2 hours.
2) Drain and grind to a fine paste, adding very little water.
3) Remove to a mixing bowl and add salt, cumin seeds, ginger, and green chillies.
4) Mix well and shape into even-sized balls.
5) Heat the Latif Oil in a wok (kadhai).
6) Add the prepared balls, a few at a time, and deep fry till golden brown, (Make a hole in the centre of the ball with the thumb just before frying).
7) Remove and drain the excess oil on absorbent paper towels.
8) Soak the prepared bhalla in lukewarm water till soft.
9) For the yoghurt mixture, add all the ingredients and mix well.
10) Remove the bhalla from water, squeeze out excess water and add to the yoghurt mixture. Keep aside for 10 – 15 minutes.
Serve chilled, garnished with ginger, green chillies, green coriander, red chilli powder, cumin powder, mint leaves, and tamarind chutney.