Hot and Sour Soupadmin
Chicken stock 1 liter
Chicken, boneless 300 gm (chopped)
Corn flour 6 tbsp (diluted in 1 cup water taken from 1 liter water)
Soy sauce 4 tbsp
Eggs whites 3
Salt to taste
Black pepper powder ½ tsp
Tomato paste 2 tbsp
Cabbage 2 cup (shredded)
Carrot 2 cup (chopped)
Water 1 liter
Lemon juice fresh 5 tbsp
Red chili powder 1 tsp
1. Bring chicken stock and water to a rolling boil in a large pot.
2. Add tomato paste, black pepper and salt, cook for 5 minutes.
3. Now add the chili powder, soy sauce and chicken to the stock and gently simmer on medium low heat for further 10 minute.
4. Remove the scum that rises to the surface with the help of a spoon.
5. Add in cabbage and carrot and let it simmer for 2 minutes.
6. Thicken the stock by adding the corn flour paste in a thin stream while slowly and gently stirring the soup in one direction.
7. Beat the egg whites and pour them in the soup in a thin stream.
8. Add the lemon juice.
9. Pour the soup in a pretty bowl and serve with chili sauce, soy sauce and green chilies in vinegar.